who am I ?
My name is Caroline, although born and bred in The Netherlands I live since 1998 in England. I fell in love with the country side and thoroughly enjoy the beautiful views of the county Yorkshire where I live.
About a year ago I started cross stitching and you could say that I was hooked from the first stitch. Here I share my up’s and downs in mastering the ‘art’. For some projects I use my own designs made from my graphic and painting work, for me less is definitely more and my passion for simplicity is reflected in my patterns. I offer my patterns for free and for sale at Cosmic Handmade .
My preference in cross stitch designs is country and primitive folkart as you can see on my list of favourite designers :)
Caroline’s list of 100
- Born on March 16th.
- Blessed with 3 sisters and 2 brothers… I am number 4 in the line.
- Born and bred in The Netherlands, I moved to England in 1998.
- A happy and loving heart is for me the key to life.
- Art in all it’s variety is my passion and I love to doodle and create joyful things in my own simple way.
- Colours brighten our daily life, I don’t have a favourite I like them all.
- I prefer vegetarian food.
- No matter how creepy I never kill an animal.
- I love everything about nature with a special passion for the coast and the sea.
- Cats are my favourite ‘pets’.
- Listening to birds singing in the early morning is for me a wonderful way to wake up.
- My lucky number is 12.
- The internet started to fascinate me in 1997 and I have a website since 2002.
- You are most likely to see me early in the day, I’m an early bird.
- A healthy walk in whatever the weather and yoga are the exercises I do, I am a member of a gym but I don’t go often enough.
- The piano lessons I had as a child only lasted 2 years, unfortunately I lost interest.
- I am multilingual, fluent in Dutch, English, German and un petit peu of French.
- Don’t like starting every sentence with I probably because I am a bit of a shy person. As a child I was extremely shy and insecure.
- My favourite drink is definitely Coffee, no day is complete for me without a good dose of it.
- My house and work environment are always tidy, for me it’s a good way to keep my mind organised.
- My cereal in the morning is covered with orange juice because I don’t like milk.
- Money matters make me nervous and I wish we could live our life by sharing kindness and work for goods instead of cash.
- My childhood was lonely because I had difficulties connecting to people. I spent most of my time creating and doodling in my own little world and it made me somehow socially disabled. This continued until I
discovered my courage.
- To recharge ‘my batteries’ I need time to myself without other people around.
- Strange but true; I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when someone is dishonest.
- Although I enjoy eating food I do not like cooking, worst of all I hate touching raw meat.
- Regrets? I don’t have them, whatever experiences I had in my life made me the person who I am now, a person strong enough to walk through the day facing tomorrow.
- I am far better in giving than receiving, I never know what to say when someone is kind to me.
- Dutch is my native language but I feel comfortable expressing myself verbally and in written words in English, a language so rich in words.
- I believe it takes a long time to really get to know a person, this list is far from long enough but hopefully entertaining.
- Drinking enough water every day is something I find hard to achieve.
- When life get’s too monotone I become restless, I welcome every challenge and I seem to function very good under stress.
- I’m interested in many subjects and eager to learn about new ones, my collection of books is too big for our small house.
- My biggest challenge was flying a helicopter, it was a birthday present. I did not scare the instructor at all and I am proud of my ‘ completed the first lesson ‘ certificate.
- I’m a re-married widow of 40 something, no children.
- Recently I added to my list of
- After 8 year of studying astrology I started teaching it. I’m still interested in the subject but stopped practicing it when I came to England in 1998.
- My hubby and I love to travel, with a preference for the English, Irish and Scottish coast.
- Caring for others is in my nature and I’m a casual worker in a local nursing home besides running my own design business.
- I never use make-up, I prefer ‘au naturel’ but have to admit that (while getting older)
I might change my mind.
To be continued…