“What is the use of a house if you haven’t
got a tolerable planet to put it on?”
Henry David Thoreau
Today is Earth Day, celebrated every year on April 22, a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth’s environment. It was founded by U.S.
We all know that, after years of NOT taking care of mother earth, there is no quick fix for this major issue of heavy pollution… however becoming more aware of doing our bit will increase our chance to live cleaner life.
As needlecrafters we are already pretty ‘eco friendly’ with our handmade products. Most of our materials are made from natural ‘ingredients’ and are 100% recycle friendly! Can we inspire our fellow stitchers even more?
Here’s the challenge:
1. Name 5 patterns/charts/items that can inspire ‘Earth Day’ awareness?
2. Give an example of ‘eco friendly’ stitching
1. Here’s my list of charts from my favourite designers…
- Earth Angel by La D Da
- Let Live by La D Da
- Earth sampler by Primitive Needle
- Green tree by Carriage House Samplings
- Be green by Elizabeth’s Designs
2. Make an ecofriendly totebag, personalise it with an Earth awareness pattern and use it for your (stash)shopping to reduce the use of plastic bags.
Here is a free pattern, Earth Day, for you to stitch!